You are here
Metro's Business Recycling Requirements
Thank you for your efforts to recycle and make our community a better place to live and work!
The City of West Linn, Metro and Clackamas County adopted a program to increase business recycling in our region. The program, Business Recycling Requirements, requires local businesses to recycle all types of paper and certain containers such as plastic bottles, aluminum cans and glass. Ordinance No. 1585, reaffirms the City’s commitment to reducing the impact of the community on the environment.
Because most businesses already recycle, this requirement simply formalizes such practices. For those businesses that do not currently recycle, the requirement asks that they recycle the same items residents already recycle at home. And to help businesses recycle, local governments will continue providing education and technical assistance through the Recycle at Work program.
The Recycle at Work program is a partnership between Metro and local governments throughout the Portland metropolitan area. Recycling Specialists are ready to help your business with free, customized service to design a comprehensive recycling program.
The Recycle at Work program can help your business:
• Identify items that can be recycled.
• Set up recycling service or work with your custodial staff.
• Form a "green team" to motivate co-workers.
• Get tips on reducing waste and purchasing sustainable products.
• Earn recognition for your recycling success.
• Get training and educational materials for your employees.
• Provide free recycling boxes.
• Supply free recycling posters and flyers.
Contact a Clackamas County “Recycle at Work” Recycling Specialist at (503) 557-6363, by email at email@example.com or for more sustainability information, visit their website at www.recycleatwork.com
Print an Employee Recycling Guide below!