You are here

2007-03-13

City of West Linn Robinwood Neighborhood Association (RNA, RN to be used for Robinwood Neighborhood) Monthly Meeting Minutes Tuesday, 3/13/07 Kevin Bryck, interim President, called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM. During the meeting, the February 2007 meeting minutes were unanimously approved. Items Discussed Police Update Officer McKean reported on the incidents occurring in the RN during February 2007 – the RN accounted for 13% of all calls during this period. He noted that West Linn officers were involved in the apprehension of a big-time car thief who had been involved in a Seattle car theft ring. RNA Treasury Update Treasurer, Scott Sandie, reported that the current fiscal balance had been reduced to about $740 after applying $300 toward trail signs. Discussions ensued about how to apply the balance; inserting text into the West Linn update (primarily to communicate the status of Neighborhood Plan to RN residents) and reimbursing Tim Cibula $400 for costs he incurred when appealing a land-use decision in Fall 2005 (the Shurgard appeal). The latter was unanimously approved by all attendees. Police Advisory Committee (PAC) Meeting Review RN resident Tim Cibula is on the PAC and reported on the 3/12/07 meeting of the PAC. Tim commented that attendees at the 3/12 meeting most discussed the policy levy – Tim noted that as of 3/9, 5000 people had voted for the levy. Lastly, Tim said that if the levy failed, monies from the City’s General Fund would be allocated to the police department to make up for the lack of levy monies; this would leave other city endeavours unfunded. RNA Neighborhood Plan Development Update Kevin Bryck reported on the Neighborhood Plan work session with the Planning Commission on 3/1/07. Kevin noted that the Planning Commission recommended that the Plan addendum (which contained multiple, significant proposed changes to the City Comprehensive Code) be removed and replaced with Action Items (upon Plan approval, the City and RN would team together to see Action Items through). The City has asked for map of the RN’s desired trail system. The Planning Commission recommended that the Plan stewards get buy-in from RN residents first, and then present the plan to the Planning Commission, and finally to the City Council. With regards to getting buy-in from RN residents, Kevin noted that City Planning Dept staff member Bryan Brown commented that ‘mass’ approval must be garnered – when asked to further define ‘mass’, Mr. Brown said that support from 19 RN residents would suffice. Resident and former City official, Terry Pennington, suggested that Plan steward speak directly with Mayor Norm King and Councilman Scott Burgess, both residents of the RN, to determine exactly what they would be looking for when the Plan is presented to the City Council. Transportation Growth Management (TGM) Grant Update Kevin Bryck noted that a Citizen Advisory Committee (CAC) had been formed to make that citizens’ ideas are considered as the City determines how to apply TGM grant monies. The CAC is scheduled to meet on 3/14. Resident Terry Pennington recommended that the CAC continusosly engage ODOT reps to make sure that RN Plan transportation plan parameters. Methods to apply TGM monies will be presented to the City Council in June for approval – if approved, the methods will be integrated into the Transportation System Plan. TGM work sessions open to the public will be held on 4/5 and 4/7. Resident Terry Pennington noted that he will see if he can get Willamette Falls TV to include TGM Grant Miscellaneous Updates and Comments ???? Kevin Bryck noted that a 6-lot subdivision proposal for a lot at the intersection of Robinview and Old River Roads had been submitted to the city. ???? The drudging of the river near the boat ramps was completed except for the north side of the north dock (due to equipment difficulties). ???? Jack Norby discussed the attempt to get a walking path built on land owned by the Water Treatment plant. Meeting Minutes, 20070313 Page 2 of 2 ???? On 2/19, the city will meet to select a site for the new phone station. o At least one attendee noted that it would be best for the city to integrate the new police station with the Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue proposed site for a new fire station. ???? Kevin Bryck noted that he though it was in the RN’s best interest to again periodically produce and distribute a neighborhood newsletter. ???? Resident Anne Beltman noted that she felt the sidewalk laid by the company constructing the dialysis center on 43 was not consistent with the sidewalk design previously presented to the neighborhood by the developer. The meeting adjourned at 8:25 PM. Next meeting will be on Tuesday, 3/13/07 at 7:00 PM. Minutes submitted by RNA Secretary, Scott Sandie