1939: The West Linn Library is established on the second floor of the City Hall building (now the police station). The collection contains 350 books and two magazine subscriptions
1979: The library moves out of City Hall and into a 1,500-square-foot space at the Bolton Fire Station. March 1988: Voters approve a $1.2 million bond proposal to finance construction of the city’s first dedicated library building.
December 1988: Crews break ground on construction of the new library building on Burns Street. December 1989: The new 10,000-square-foot library opens to the public.
May 2000: Voters approve a $3.9 million bond measure to remodel and expand the library.
June 2001: The library moves to temporary quarters at Bolton Elementary School while the library building is remodeled.
June 2002: The newly remodeled and expanded 22,500-square-foot library re-opens to the public.