Temporary Maintenence Worker

$12.00/hour.  This is a temporary, full time, non-benefitted, non-represented position.

The City of West Linn is seeking an exceptional Maintenance Worker.

Under the general supervision of the Public Works Supervisors this position performs a variety of manual, semi-skilled, and equipment operation tasks in the construction, maintenance and operation of city facilities. Position performs a variety of manual labor including but not limited to: weed whacking, brushing, watering, trimming of trees, shoveling, as well as a variety of other tasks assigned by the storm, streets, and water departments.

Qualified applicants must be 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.  Successful candidate must have the ability to follow written and oral instructions and be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as with others. (See job description for specific duties and responsibilities.) Successful candidate must pass pre-employment background and drug screening.

To be considered for this position, qualified applicants must submit a completed City of West Linn employment application, signed Essential Functions form,  and veteran’s preference qualifying documents (if applicable) to the Department of Human Resources at West Linn City Hall by June 20th, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. Application packets are available online at http://westlinnoregon.gov, West Linn City Hall, 22500 Salamo Road, West Linn, OR  97068; or by calling (503) 657-0331. EEO.

Veterans Preference: The City of West Linn provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with state law. Any candidate wishing to have their qualifying veteran’s preference applied to the process must submit a qualifying document (DD Form 214 or 215) at the time of application as well as the City’s Veteran’s Preference Form, providing proof of eligibility that includes discharge status. Disabled veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran’s disability preference letter from the US Department of Veterans Affairs at the time of application, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.