Parks Maintenance Worker I

 $16.76 - $21.78/hour DOQ.  This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk), represented, benefited position. The City of West Linn is seeking an exceptional Park Maintenance Worker I. Position performs grounds keeping, landscaping and facility maintenance duties to help maintain a well groomed, safe and sanitary parks and public facility system.  Specialized skills required to perform this job include demonstrable skills and knowledge of all types of turf mowing and mowing equipment (i.e. large areas and mowers, small areas and mowers, mowing heights and mowing patterns); working knowledge of grounds related small equipment (rototillers, blowers, edger’s, string trimmers, chainsaws, etc). Basic skills in irrigation installation, plant care, carpentry, plumbing and athletic field maintenance are required. Applicant must have a high school diploma or GED certificate and 2 years of work experience in landscaping/ grounds keeping.   Position requires knowledge of plant care, carpentry, plumbing and field maintenance and the safe operation of small tools, motor vehicles and power equipment.  Must have a valid Oregon Driver’s License at time of appointment and requires ability to obtain governmental pesticide applicator license within 6 months.  Experience in tree work, new landscape construction, and/or irrigation preferred. Any combination of education or work experience that demonstrates proficiency in one of these related fields may be acceptable.  Interested and qualified individuals must submit: A completed City of West Linn application, letter of interest, and a resume to the Human Resource Department, West Linn City Hall, 22500 Salamo Road, West Linn, OR 97068, by June 21, 2013 at 4:00pm. Application packets are available at, or by calling (503) 657-0331. EEO Veterans Preference: The City of West Linn provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with state law. Any candidate wishing to have their qualifying veteran’s preference applied to the process must submit a qualifying document (DD Form 214 or 215) at the time of application, providing proof of eligibility that includes discharge status. Disabled veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran’s disability preference letter from the US Department of Veterans Affairs at the time of application, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.