Administrative Assistant - Public Works

 $22.31 - $28.97/hour DOQ.  This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk), represented, benefited position. The City of West Linn is seeking an exceptional Administrative Assistant. Under the general supervision of the Department Manager, position performs a wide variety of responsible, complex and advanced secretarial and clerical work requiring knowledge of a special field.  Duties are varied and are carried out with a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, and independent judgment.  Considerable knowledge of City policies and procedures and the ability to apply policies without the presence of clear procedures are required at this level.  Trains or assigns duties to other secretarial or clerical staff. Requires graduation from high school or equivalent GED Certificate.  Supplemental related college course work and/or AA degree or equivalent combination. Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience as an Administrative Staff Assistant or similar duties is required.  Any equivalent combination of education and experience, as determined by the hiring authority, will be considered. Must have experience meeting and dealing with the public while maintaining a pleasant and courteous manner.  Proficiency in word processing/or spreadsheet software is required. Interested and qualified individuals must submit: A completed City of West Linn application, letter of interest, and a resume to the Human Resource Department, West Linn City Hall, 22500 Salamo Road, West Linn, OR 97068, by June 21, 2013 at 4:00pm. Application packets are available at, or by calling (503) 657-0331. EEO Veterans Preference: The City of West Linn provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with state law. Any candidate wishing to have their qualifying veteran’s preference applied to the process must submit a qualifying document (DD Form 214 or 215) at the time of application, providing proof of eligibility that includes discharge status. Disabled veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran’s disability preference letter from the US Department of Veterans Affairs at the time of application, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.