West Linn: Just for Business Owners

  • Police |

    Every alarm user shall obtain an alarm user's permit from the WLPD. The permit shall be displayed physically upon the premises and available for inspection.

  • Finance |

    ** Click HERE to start the online Business License renewal or registration process.**

    How do I know if my business is required to have a West Linn - City business license? This FAQ page will help you understand the City of West Linn's requirements.

    Q: How do I know if my business is required to have a West Linn - City business license?

  • Public Works |

    West Linn design and construction policies regulate all public funded and development funded public improvements constructed for the City of West Linn.

  • Planning |

    Home-based businesses provide a means for convenient and auto-independent employment for residents of West Linn. Home occupation permits reviewed by the City’s Planning Department help to ensure that these activities are conducted in a manner that is complimentary to the principal residential use of the neighborhoods in which they occur.

  • Police |

    Fingerprinting Services

    Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office

    Monday – Friday
    Public Safety Training Center 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
    12700 SE 83nd Ave *By appointment – ONLY – Must have ID
    Clackamas, OR 97015 DMV Issued photo ID
    503-794-8072 (Option #3) $15.00 CASH per card / Type - Inkless

    Beaverton City Hall

    Monday – Thursday
    4755 SW Griffith Dr *No appointment necessary
    Beaverton, OR 97005 $15.00 per card
    503-526-2260 Type – Digital

  • Planning |

    You can securely register your home-based business online and pay via credit card, check, or cash. The business license form and home occupation form have been combined to simplify the process. You are no longer required to fill out two separate forms.

    Online Business License Applications and Renewals

    Home Occupany License Details

  • Police |

    If you have been a victim of identity theft file a report with the police department immediately. Get a copy of the report or the number of your report in case your bank, credit card company, or insurance company needs proof of the crime. Even when you discover you are a victim of identity theft, it takes months of frustrating effort to clear your name and credit history. Guard your personal information. Guard your mail. Guard your wallet or purse. Guard your phone and internet. Guard your trash.

  • Finance |

    The City of West Linn recognizes Code Section 7.700 on Liquor License Review (as amended by Ordinance Number 1570) and the OLCC requirements for approval of liquor applications within the jurisdiction of the City of West Linn. Anyone who manufactures, distributes or sells alcoholic beverages in Oregon must be licensed by the OLCC.

    The following Oregon Revised Statutes further explain liquor laws for the State of Oregon:

  • Finance |

    Please contact us in the Finance Department if we can be of service in anyway - our general number is 503-656-4261 or email Nancy at nevett@westlinnoregon.gov

    If you prefer the immediate assistance or attention of the Chief Financial Officer, please contact Richard Seals directly at 503-722-5505 or by email at rseals@westlinnoregon.gov

    City of West Linn
    PO Box 2330
    Portland, Oregon 97208

  • Finance |

    Thank you for your efforts to recycle and make our community a better place to live and work!

    The City of West Linn, Metro and Clackamas County adopted a program to increase business recycling in our region. The program, Business Recycling Requirements, requires local businesses to recycle all types of paper and certain containers such as plastic bottles, aluminum cans and glass. Ordinance No. 1585, reaffirms the City’s commitment to reducing the impact of the community on the environment.

  • Finance |

    ** Click HERE to start the online Business License renewal and registration process **

    The City processes all business license requests and renewals securely online and supports payment via credit card, check, money order, or cash.

    Business licenses are valid for the fiscal year beginning July 1st and ending June 30th of the following year. Fees for new licenses and renewals are prorated beginning at the six month mark, December 31st.

  • Planning |

    Approval or denial of an application is based upon standards and approval criteria. The decision-maker must decide whether or not to approve the application based solely on the applicable criteria and on the information provided in the record. See the supporting documents below to a summary of the Public Hearing Procedure and Developmental Review Approval Criteria.

    Link to the Community Development Code

  • Finance |


    In this quarterly report, for the first three months ended September 30, 2008, you will find an overview of department goals and tasks beside each Fund's financial results.

    Budgeted data is also presented showing how each fund is tracking against their annual budget for the fiscal year 2008-09 which will end in June 2009.

  • Planning |

    All sidewalk uses require a permit for the display of merchandise or the service of food or beverages in the commercial zones.It is our intent to insure that the use of sidewalks will not have a disruptive effect on pedestrians, vehicular traffic, or business.

  • Planning |

    A Temporary Sign Permit allows businesses to install short-term, temporary signage on private property, in conjunction with special events, with appropriate regulations so that such signage will be compatible with surrounding businesses.