Your voice is important: Public comment period March 21 to May 5
The choices we make today about how we live, work and get around will determine the future of the region for generations to come.
There's a reason our region has remained such a great place to live – decades of careful planning have preserved neighborhoods, supported our economy and protected the farms, forestland and natural areas that help create the unique sense of place and quality of life for which the region is known. Because good planning is an ongoing process, Metro is seeking your input on how you live, work and get around the region today and what changes you would like to see in the future.
Visit makeagreatplace.org Friday, March 21 through Monday, May 5 to take a short survey to inform the plans below. You can also give more detailed feedback on the plans and programs that will shape our region for the next 25 years.
Information that you provide will inform:
- 2014 Regional Transportation Plan
- Regional Active Transportation Plan
- 2015-18 Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program
- Climate Smart Communities Scenarios Project
Join us at a community forum:
- 5:30 open house
- 6:00 Metro Councilor welcome
- 6:20 discussion tables
- 7:30 adjourn
Three dates and locations:
- April 3, Madison High School library 2735 NE 82nd Ave, Portland
- April 9, Oak Lodge Sanitary District Building 14611 SE River Road, Milwaukie
- April 17, Beaverton Library, Cathy Stanton Conference Room 12375 SW 5th St, Beaverton
Metro has prepared the 2014 RTP and 2014-18 MTIP as required by federal law. The documents are available for public review and comment through this comment period. Download the documents at www.oregonmetro.gov/rtp  and www.oregonmetro.gov/rtp  or call 503-797-1776 to request copies. Metro’s public participation process for the 2014-18 MTIP is designed to satisfy SMART’s regional coordination requirements for the program of projects.