Oregon Revised Statute 192.005 defines a "public record" as any “document, book, paper, photograph, file, sound recording, machine readable electronic record or other material ... regardless of physical form or characteristics, made, received, filed, or recorded in pursuance of law or in connection with the transaction of public business." Every person has the right to inspect any public record of a public body in this state, except as otherwise provided in ORS 192.496 to 192.505.
We are in the process of putting records into the Oregon State Records Management System and some are currently available for your search. Search for frequently requested records such as meeting minutes, ordinances (ORD) and resolutions (RES) using Webdrawer. Date format in titles are year-month-day. Use the search Webdrawer link below to begin your search.
Search WebDrawer 
To request specific records you may follow the link below to file a public record request. Please understand that the documents or records requested may not be immediately available for review and that an appointment to review the documents or records may be necessary. There may be a cost for the research time to retrieve the requested records and costs for duplication of requested documents. If research time is required, the requestor will be notified of the estimated cost prior to retrieving the documents or records. Prepayment for research time and copies may be required. Any documents or records made available for review must not be disassembled and copies may not be made by the requestor directly.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REQUESTING PUBLIC RECORDS *
1. Requests must be in writing using the online form . (Please note, the City will not create a new document in response to a records request.)
2. Hardcopy request can be submitted using the form below to the City Manager’s Office, 22500 Salamo Rd., West Linn, Oregon, 97068, or by fax at 503.650.9041, or by e-mail at CWL_Records@westlinnoregon.gov  For Police Records requests you may visit the city website http://westlinnoregon.gov/police/police-report-request , or by contacting the Police Department directly at 503.655.6214.
3. The City shall respond to all requests as soon as practical and without unreasonable delay or will explain why more time is needed for a full response.
4. If inspection of documents is preferred over copies, such inspection shall occur during normal business hours. An acceptable inspection time and place will be arranged between the requestor and the staff person. Space is provided for one person to inspect records per request.
5. The City will submit a cost estimate to the requestor to provide the requested documents, including copying charges, research time (if required), and separating exempt from non-exempt materials.
6. If the estimated cost is $25.00 or more, the City shall require a deposit in the full amount of the estimate before fulfilling the request. If the actual cost exceeds the estimate, the City will not release the documents until the fee is received in full.
Citizen's Guide to Public Records and Meetings Oregon Public Records Law requires the City of West Linn to publish a written procedure for public records requests. The attachment below of our administrative policy fulfills this requirement.
COSTS FOR MISCELLANEOUS CITY SERVICES
Photocopying: Black & White and Color Copies: 1-10 pages $15.00 10+ pages (per page) 8.5 x 11 $ 0.25 8.5 x 14 $ 0.30 11 x 17 $ 0.35
CD Duplication (per event/meeting, and or documents) $35.00 $15.00 each additional City Budget, City Audit, or City CIP document $35.00 Per multiple document
Municipal Code Supplements or Community Development Code – per printing Varies
Research Cost: Staff hourly wage, plus benefits