Discovery and Public Record Request Guidelines
The City of West Linn complies with the Oregon Public Records Law which allows the right to inspect public records of a public body in this state (unless exempt from disclosure). City staff will review your request and contact you within a reasonable amount of time.
The Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) Chapter 192, which contains laws pertaining to public records, can be found on the Oregon State Legislature.
- Exemptions under ORS 192.505 are conditional exemptions. Reports that are pending investigation or reports in which an arrest has been made are not available for release until the investigation is complete or upon approval from the District Attorney’s Office.
Please see sections below that includes information to answer our most frequently asked questions:
• 192.420.....Right to inspect public records; notice to public body attorney
• 192.440.....Copies or inspection of public records; fees; waiver or reduction and procedure for requests
• 192.445.....Nondisclosure and when not applicable
• 192.501.....Public records exempt from disclosure
The City of West Linn requires a Public Records Discovery Request form be submitted when requesting copies of public records. The Records Request Form is available for download at the City website.
The West Linn Police Department Administrative Office is open M-F 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays. Please allow a minimum of 72 working hours to process your report request. The Police Department is located at 22825 Willamette Drive, West Linn. Forms of payment: cash, check or money order. For further questions please contact the West Linn Police Department at 503.655.6214.