P.C.N.A. Minutes on the Latest Meetings
The following topics were discussed at the meeting held that began at 7:05 p.m. on Monday, November 3rd, 2003:
* Attendance was good - 21 people were present and introductions were made to acknowledge the following individuals:
§ 2 West Linn Police Sergeants: Neil Hennely and Carl Lewis
§ 2 West Linn staff employees: Brenda Shleining and Shauna Shroyer
* 7:10 p.m.: Brenda presented a traffic safety discussion concerning P.C.N.A. streets as well as its surroundings throughout the other city transportation. Her presentation launched several questions from residents which were answered by Brenda in an acceptable and informative manner. Sergeant Hennely also assisted in answering a couple questions (e.g. the “dos” and “don’ts” of parking cars).
* 7:40 p.m.: Both Sergeants took the podium:
§ Sergeant Hennely introduced the “Free Gun Locks” program and some ramifications over policing.
§ Sergeant Lewis reported on the results of the police questionnaire survey, and discussed the strategy W.L. Police has to its residents.
§ Both Sergeants’ presentations were very informative and well received by all those who attended. Their presence at this meeting was also extremely appreciated.
* 8:20 p.m.: The P.C. December meeting/holiday party was briefly discussed and approved. It will be at the W.L. Center and invitations will be mailed on November 10th, 2003.
* 8:25 p.m.: Discussion on volunteering projects (N.A. or city wide). This is a subject not too prevalent, I am afraid to say! However, Shauna elaborated on this topic (thank you Shauna!) to explain the benefits of participating in such community service. (I, Alice, valued her action).
* 8:30 p.m.: The last minutes of the meeting were open to general comments. One person asked about a “clean-up day” - the notion had no (majority) interest.
* 8:40 p.m.: Meeting was adjourned; however, conversations continued in groups outside the City Hall.
* This meeting was very well attended and participation was enthusiastic. My hope is that this will continue to improve in the meetings to come! Our next meeting is scheduled for January 5th, 2004.
* These summaries conclude this minutes report.
Submitted this day of November 10th, 2003
Alice Richmond Julie Eggiman
P.C.N.A. President P.C.N.A. Executive Recorder