Robinwood Neighborhood Association (RNA, RN to be used for Robinwood Neighborhood)
Monthly Meeting Minutes
Kevin Bryck, President, called the meeting to order at 7:09 PM. Scott Sandie, RNA Treasurer, noted that the
RNA fiscal year account balance was $982.06 (plus an existing, small credit at the UPS store on Willamette
Drive). The March 2008 RNA meeting minutes were unanimously approved.
Summer Concerts in Willamette Park
Alice Richmond spoke about these free concerts which will occur each Wednesday and Thursday in
June and July. She noted that some of the concert will occur at noon to attract a larger audience. More
details are available in the West Linn Parks and Rec brochure. Ms. Richmond also noted that she’s
attempting to organize a fireworks display for the City of West Linn.
Terry Pennington noted that the Johnsons have a filed a new application for a different size house in a different
spot on the plot. Terry spoke about his interactions with surveyors who were surveying the Johnson plot and
about the difference between taxable and legal lots. Terry noted that he and West Linn resident, Oly Olsen,
spoke with City of West Linn representative Gordon Howard who confirmed that if it is confirmed that there is
integrity to the legal or taxable status of the Johnson lot, their application would dismissed. Terry’s recent
research shows that the Johnson application had not been dismissed and is still on file with the City; Gordon
Howard committed to Terry that he would provide Terry with his final analysis of the application by Monday,
4/14/08. Additionally, Terry noted that, per ORS 92, the partitioning of property should be administered via
civil law channels, not administrative law.
Lake Oswego is looking to build in the Stafford Basin and they need to address the water supply issue for the
area. As such, discussions are occurring to consider giving Lake Oswego West Linn’s senior water rights to the
South Fork Water Board. In return, West Linn would get access to, via Lake Oswego, emergency water when
needed. See Motion section below for motion notes on this topic.
Kantara Land-Use Application
This next appears on the 4/28 City Council agenda.
Robinwood Neighborhood Plan Review Update
The RN plan is set to be reviewed by the City Council on 4/28 (a work session will precede this on 4/21).
College Hills Update
There are 43 single-family homes (on lots zoned for multi-family use) and a single, contiguous 6-acre green
space section. Movement is being made to rezone the 43 lots to single-family. Kevin Bryck suggested getting
35 out of the 43 families to sign a petition (and take it to the city council) stating they agree with the rezoning
Neighborhood Association By-Laws
No discussion – will be reviewed at 5/13/08 neighborhood meeting.
No substantive updates from any committee.
• Reminder: Goal 1 Coalition workshop on 4/10 at 6:00 PM at City Hall.
• Goal 1 Coalition, non-profit, is hosting a ‘citizens’ rights during planning process’ workshop at West Linn City
Hall on 4/10 at 6:00 PM.
• The City of West Linn will soon make available some city financial/accounting information online at the City’s
• Money may soon be spent on interpretive signs to be placed along the old railroad trail.
• Processes are currently in motion for a right-of-way (13500 sq. ft.) to be vacated thus allowing for a lot division to
occur at 1358 Skye Parkway.
• Kevin Bryck introduced Article 5 of the RN bylaws speaking to establishment and maintenance of committees.
Meeting Minutes 20080408
Page 2 of 2
• Tina Decker spoke of funding available through the County Tourism and Development Council to offset various
neighborhood expenses, including sign costs. Tina recommends that people interested in getting funding should
speak to her.
• Tina Decker noted that WL Farmer’s Market is being stewarded by a set of businesses and is moving to Tuesdays
from 4:30 – 8:30 PM.
• Tina Decker, new Library Board Chair, asked that residents submit their library comments to her.
• Non-native plants will be removed from Cedar Island with heavy equipment and then assistance will be needed to
replace them with native plants.
Motions (motion voting results in parentheses after motion title)
1. Approval to Reimburse Kevin Bryck an Additional $141.80 for Neighborhood Signs Purchase
After previously, at the January 2008 meeting, having a motion approved to reimburse Kevin $100 for
sign costs, all eligible voters approved of reimbursing him, out of RN funds, for the balance of what he
spent on the signs ($241.80 - $100 - $141.80).
Meeting adjourned at 8:50 PM.
Minutes submitted by RNA Secretary, Scott Sandie
Robinwood Neighborhood Association Agenda, Tuesday, 4/8/08
• Guests - Alice Richmond - Summer Concerts
• Minutes of Previous Meetings and Treasurer’s Report
o Planning Comm - 4 Lot Subdivision at 3484 Fairview Way - May 7th
• City Council - CDC Changes - April 14th
o Robinwood Nhd Plan - Work Session April 21st 6pm
• Continued to April 28th
o Kantara Appeal - Continued to April 28th
o Robinwood Neighborhood Plan before Council
o CDC Changes
o Committee Reports
o By-law Changes
• New Biz:
o Accounting Online
o Water Plan
o City Boards and Commissions
o Community Survey