The Highway 213 Jughandle project is located in the City of Oregon City. It may affect West Linn Citizens traveling between West Linn and Oregon City.
Reminder: Divided Highway Begins Today 8/27
The contractor has installed a barrier on the Highway 213 centerline to prevent left turns and straight movements across the highway at the northbound I-205 ramps and at the intersection with Clackamas River Drive and Prairie Schooner Way (formerly Washington Street). Routes that have changed as a result of the divided highway include:
• travel from Washington Street to I-205,
• travel from I-205 to Clackamas River Drive,
• travel from northbound Highway 213 to Washington Street,
• travel from Clackamas River Drive to southbound Highway 213, and
• travel between the northbound I-205 ramps and the area north of the interchange.
Motorists can reach all of their destinations using the new jughandle roadway configuration. Maps of the new routes of travel are available on the project website: http://www.jughandleproject.com/detailsroutes.html.
Left turns and straight movements across the highway contributed to heavy traffic congestion and the risk of accidents. By dividing the highway, the Jughandle Project is helping to reduce conflict points, dangerous vehicle cross weaving, and the wait time at the Highway 213 traffic signal.
Brought to you by the City of Oregon City. Want more information about the Jughandle Project?