Temporary Vehicle Maintenance & Lube Technician

$14.00/hour. This is a temporary, 40-hour per week, non-benefitted position.

Under the general supervision of the Street Department Supervisor, this position will be performing maintenance on the City’s vehicles and equipment utilizing various types of tools and equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, tire machine, overhead crane, vehicle hoists air tools and various small hand tools related to the field. Shuttling vehicles to and from outside vendors. Delivering and picking up small equipment and parts.


 Qualified applicants must be 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license. Graduation from high school or completion of the equivalent GED certificate and experience in the Lube/Preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment is required.  Successful candidate must have the ability to follow written and oral instructions and be able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as with others.


To be considered for this position, qualified applicants must submit a completed City of West Linn employment application, signed Essential Functions form,  and veteran’s preference qualifying documents (if applicable) to the Department of Human Resources at West Linn City Hall by May 19, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. Application packets are available online at http://westlinnoregon.gov, West Linn City Hall, 22500 Salamo Road, West Linn, OR  97068; or by calling (503) 657-0331. EEO.


Veterans Preference: The City of West Linn provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with state law. Any candidate wishing to have their qualifying veteran’s preference applied to the process must submit a qualifying document (DD Form 214 or 215) at the time of application as well as the City’s Veteran’s Preference Form, providing proof of eligibility that includes discharge status. Disabled veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran’s disability preference letter from the US Department of Veterans Affairs at the time of application, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.