Accounting Clerk II

Employment Opportunity ACCOUNTING CLERK II $20.45-26.58/hr DOQ.  This position is 20-32 hours per week, with part-time benefits. (Position is union represented.) Under the general supervision of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Clerk II performs a wide variety of regular and recurring bookkeeping and records maintenance duties which may be moderately complex. Some typical areas of work are: cash receipts, utility billing, assessment billing, business licensing, fixed assets, cashiering and accounts receivable. Prepares, distributes and collects utility billings, business licenses, LID assessments, fines and fees.  May perform any of the following duties within the utility billing function: maintain customer accounts through telephone, counter and mail contact; post and balance utility cash and receipts; prepare water and sewer billings; operate data processing equipment; maintain senior/low income discounts; collection of delinquent accounts; request water service disconnects and reconnects; coordinates meter readings with meter-reader and the Public Works Department. Requires graduation from high school or equivalent GED certificate supplemented by college or business school training in bookkeeping, accounting or computer sciences. Eight (8) years of experience, preferably in a governmental agency, or equivalent experience/education as determined by the hiring authority.  Formal training in public relations or customer service, answering telephones and doing collection work, desirable. Successful candidate must pass pre-employment screening process including a credit check. Qualified applicants must submit a completed City of West Linn employment application, resume and letter of interest to the Department of Human Resources at West Linn City Hall by Friday, June 14, 2013, at 4:00 p.m. Application packets are available below, or at West Linn City Hall, 22500 Salamo Road, West Linn, OR  97068; or call (503) 657-0331. EEO. Veterans Preference: The City of West Linn provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with state law. Any candidate wishing to have their qualifying veteran’s preference applied to the process must submit a qualifying document (DD Form 214 or 215) at the time of application, providing proof of eligibility that includes discharge status. Disabled veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran’s disability preference letter from the US Department of Veterans Affairs at the time of application, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.