You are here
Request for Proposals (RFP) for Communications Plan Drafting
Bid/RFP Due Date:
Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 4:00pm
Closed - no longer accepting bids and proposals
The City of West Linn (“The City”) is seeking proposals and cost estimates for long range communications plan development by qualified communications professionals (“Consultant”). Requested services include, but are not limited to:
- Long range communications plan drafting;
- Short term timeline development;
- Implementation checklists; and,
- Communications training.
Scope of Work
The scope of work to be performed by the Consultant will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Work with the City to design a communications plan.
- The plan should implement the survey findings from the December 2013 DHM poll related to West Linn citizen communications and engagement. Please note that the City will complete the tasks outlined in the plan that is developed by the Consultant. The City currently has 1.5 FTEs available for plan implementation, and a suite of communications tools. Please review the City Council goal related to the “Citizen Engagement 2020” concept and the available communications tools already in use by the City. The DHM presentation, and a summary of the City Council goal and communications tools are available online here.
- The preferred name of this plan is “Citizen Engagement 2020” because the City wishes to reformat and implement the ways it engages and communicates with citizens through the year 2020. This is the long term component of the plan.
- In the short term, the plan should include a timeline for plan implementation, with actionable steps beginning immediately, and ending in early- to mid-2015.
- The plan should include the use of the Granicus Civic Engagement tool for long range planning and legislative decisions.
- The plan should include two communications tracks – one for administrative staff, and one for elected City Councilors.
- Also, the implementation of these tracks should include training for both groups to ensure familiarity with the plan components and the mechanisms for implementing the plan.
- It is expected that the selected consultant will provide an oral report and presentation to the City Council (and possibly other citizen groups) summarizing the plan, at a City Council meeting in the June or July timeframe.
The Consultant shall be responsible for drafting the plan; compiling all components of the plan; and presenting the plan to staff and the City Council.
Each proposal shall contain the following information:
- A general description of the Consultant’s approach to this project, including an explanation of the approach and methodology used to perform the scope of work outlined above
- A not-to-exceed cost to perform the scope of services listed above. Include, if applicable, hourly rates to perform work and a fee schedule for reimbursable expenses.
- Any other information about the Consultant that would be applicable to this project.
Schedule & Due Date
The Consultant shall submit email copies of the proposal no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 27, 2014. No hardcopy or faxed materials will be accepted. Please submit proposals to: Kirsten Wyatt, Assistant City Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection of Qualified Consultant
The City shall select a consultant for this project based on a combination of factors, such as:
- Responsiveness and comprehensiveness of the proposal with respect to this RFP;
- Approach to this particular project; and
- Consultant’s proposed cost to perform the scope of services.
The City reserves the right to reject any proposal and may elect to make a decision without further discussion or negotiation. This solicitation is not to be construed as a contract of any kind. The City is not liable for any costs or expenses incurred in the preparation of responses to this RFP, and may withdraw or modify this request at any time. The consultant selected for this project will be required to enter into a Professional Services Letter of Agreement with the City of West Linn.
Any questions regarding this Request for Proposals should be directed to Kirsten Wyatt at email@example.com or 503-657-0331.