Mini-Hoopers 1st - 3rd grade Basketball League
Mini hoopers registration is closed for the 2013 Season - Check back in September to register for 2014 season.
This league introduces young players to the sport of basketball, with an emphasis on participation, good sportsmanship, and skill development. Each team will practice one night per week, and will play games on Saturdays throughout the season, with possibly a mid week game or two.
In 1st and 2nd grade coaches will coach and act as on the court officials. Games will be played on modified 8-1/2 foot hoops, smaller basketball courts and have some modified rules.
In 3rd grade there are a few modified rules, but for the most part, games start to resemble the real thing.
Paid officials are used for this league and games are played on 10-foot basketball hoops with junior size basketballs
The 1st & 2nd grade Mini Hooper’s Basketball season is late October, November & December
* Practice days during the week will vary for each team in the program.
* All teams will play games on Saturdays and possibly one mid-week in November and December.
* All practices and games will be located in local schools
The 3rd Grade basketball season will be November through February
* Practices during the week will vary for each team in the program
* All teams will play games on Saturdays
* Practices will be located in local Schools – Games played home & away with neighboring communities
Teams for this program will be set up randomly.
1st & 2nd Grade FEE: $75
3rd Grade FEE: $100
Registration fee includes team T-shirt/uniform to keep!
Register early! This program fills to capacity every year.
Deadline: When program is FULL or September 27, 2013
Sorry, No online or phone registration for this program!
This program is dependent on parent volunteers to coach teams!
Coaching experience is preferred, but not necessary. The only requirement is a
good attitude. Background checks performed for all coaches.
If interested, or for further information, please call the Parks & Recreation office at
503-557-4700 or drop a note in with registration.