Reserve a Cultural Pass
Thanks to the Friends of the Library, the library offers free family passes to area cultural venues. There is one pass for each venue and they may be reserved in advance. You will need a library card in good standing to check out a pass.
|Venue||Phone||Who the Pass Admits|
|Chinese Garden||(503) 228-8131||2 adults and 2 children|
|Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden||(503) 771-8386||family of 4|
|End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center||(503) 657-9336||2 adults and 6 children|
|Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum*||(503) 434-4185||2 people|
|Gilbert House Children's Museum||(503) 371-3631||5 people|
|Japanese Garden||(503) 223-9233||2 adults and all children|
|Pittock Mansion||(503) 823-3624||2 adults and 2 children|
|Portland Art Museum**||(503) 226-2811||2 adults**|
|World of Speed||(503) 563-6444||2 adults, or 1 adult & 1 child|
* The Evergreen pass is only good for admission to the Aviation & Space Museum and the Firearms Exhibit. It does not include admission to the Wings & Waves Waterpark.
** The Portland Art Museum pass is now a discount pass. The museum will charge up to two adults in your group $5 admission to enter the museum with a cultural pass. Any additional adults must pay full price ($15).
Check this page for more information about these venues.
All due dates and times must be observed so the next waiting borrower can pick up their reserved pass. If the pass is late or lost, all other borrowers are affected.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a LINCC library card in good standing.
- Reservations may be made in person or by phone.
- Only one pass per day may be checked out on your library card. You may reserve passes for other venues on different days.
- If the day of use is a closed day for the library we will issue you a paper pass. The paper pass does not need to be returned to the library. NOTE: The Portland Art Museum and the Evergreen Aviation Museum do not accept paper passes, therefore cultural passes to these venues are not available on days the library is closed.
If a reserved pass cannot be used, you must contact the library within one hour after opening on day of intended use. If you do not pick up the pass within one hour after opening, your reservation will be canceled.
1 day (no renewal)
The number of persons admitted to a particular venue will vary. You will need to read the information on the case containing the pass. Depending upon the size of the family group, patrons may incur some additional expense. Call the venue site for specific admission information not contained on the case.
PICK UP TIMES
- Reserved passes are available for pickup no earlier than one hour before closing on the night prior to intended use or no later than one hour after opening on the day of intended use.
- Non-reserved passes are available on "first come first served" basis and may be picked up on the non-reserved day only, during regular library hours.
- Return pass on the day used, no later than one hour before closing, to allow the next patron to pick up the pass before closing.
- Always return pass to a staff member, rather than in a drop box.
- If the day of use is a closed day for the library, you may return the pass in the bookdrop before the library's opening on the next day of business.Pass must be returned to the library where it was checked out.
- $5.00 late charge per day - up to the cost of the pass. Late fees start accruing one hour before closing on the day of pass use.
- ALL PASS PRIVILEGES ARE LOST UNTIL CHARGES HAVE BEEN PAID.
Charge for a lost pass is the actual replacement cost of the pass:
- Chinese Garden: $125
- Crystal Springs Rhododendron Garden: $25
- End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center: $15
- Evergreen Aviation Museum: $100
- Japanese Garden: $75
- Pittock Mansion: $75
- Portland Art Museum: $100
All pass privileges are lost until replacement charges have been paid.
For further information, please call the library at 503-656-7853.