You are here
Facts & Figures
This fact sheet includes information about West Linn's demographics, major employers, median property value, number of housing units, and more.
- Date of Incorporation: August 8, 1913
- Form of Government: Council/Manager
- Population: 24,400
- Number of registered voters: 13,886
- Percent male: 48.1%
- Percent female: 51.9%
- Average household size: 2.72
- Median age: 38.1
- Motto: “City of Hills, Trees, and Rivers”
- Area in Square Miles: 8.06
- Median family income: $83,252
- Workforce in professional sector: 49.7%
- Major Employers:
- West Linn-Wilsonville School District
- West Linn Paper Company
- Highest Tax Due Accounts in Clackamas Co.:
- Fred Meyer
- General Growth Properties Inc.
- PCC Structurals
- Shorenstein Properties LLC
- Xerox Corporation
- Safeway Stores
- Mentor Graphics
- Warn Industries
- Kaiser Foundation Hospitals
- United Western Grocers
- Total Housing Units**: 9,968
- Occupied Housing Units**: 9,350
- Percent owner occupied: 79 percent
- Percent renter occupied: 21 percent
- Median property value***: $405,000
*Demographic data from the West Linn Chamber of Commerce.
**Housing unit data estimated by the West Linn Planning Dept.
***Median property value estimated from RMLS.