Press release date: Fri Aug 3rd, 2012
WEST LINN - The West Linn Parks & Recreation Department is offering driver's education classes this fall at West Linn High School and Wilsonville High. The popularity of the program with parents and young drivers has kept a form of the program in the community for over 20 years.
Registration information is now available online.
Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. The classes are taught in cooperation with Clackamas Community College and are ODOT approved. The classes consist of 30+ hours in the classroom, plus 12 hours behind-the-wheel (drive times scheduled to fit student schedules).
Seating is limited and pre-registration is required. The following items are required to register:
• A photocopy of valid Instruction Permit or Driver License (front & back)
• A completed driver education enrollment form
• Payment in the form of money order, check or VISA/Master Card
• 33 Classroom hours
• Text books provided at no extra cost
• Six hours behind-the-wheel driving
• Six hours behind-the-wheel observation
• State of Oregon - ODOT approved certificate
• Potential insurance discount
• Meets ODOT requirements for driver education
• Drive times scheduled separately to fit student schedules
Please contact Parks & Recreation, 503-557-4700, with any questions.