Sunset Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes
April 14, 2009
Location: West Linn City Hall, Council Chambers
CALL TO ORDER
Troy Bowers, President of the Sunset Neighborhood Association (SNA), called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
5 members and 3 guests present.
The meeting attendance sign-in sheet is in our files and is available upon request.
Minutes of the previous meeting January 12, 2009 were available and approved.
City of West Linn – NA Stipend Account 2008/09
Closing balance - January 2009 $1,374.44
SNA – Discretionary Funds
Closing balance – January $571.11
1. White Oak Savanna: Roberta Schwarz gave a presentation on White Oak Savanna Park Opportunity. The land (14.07 acres of property) is located on the intersection of Tannler Drive and Blankenship Road. During her power point presentation she showed a map with three areas. Two of which have already been secured, and plans are being made to purchase the other. These 200-400 year old White Oak trees are indigenous to this area. After the entire parcel has been purchased by the city, volunteers, such as the Boy Scouts, will help build an access trail off of Tannler Drive. A motion was made, seconded, and passed unanimously that the SNA would support the White Oak Savanna Park Opportunity.
2. Finance Director: Richard Seals, City of West Linn, Finance Director, gave an overview of the city’s financial status. He distributed to us the Annual Financial Report. City of West Linn has the lowest property tax rate in the area. As a result, our city government is very lean in terms of the number of staff employees. Therefore, the city has to sell bonds for any new capital improvements. For more information please go to the city web site www.westlinnoregon.gov
1. Fourth Annual Summer Picnic / Concert – June 28, 2009: The committee chairs reported that the band GlobalFM has again agreed to play, park shelter has been reserved, and the WL Lions will provide their famous lion burgers. Also, there will be games for the children. Location: Sunset Park, 1-4 pm. Come out and meet your neighbors.
2. By-laws: Mention was made of the effort underway by Tina Decker to standardize the by-laws of all eleven neighborhood associations in West Linn.
1. 2009 Goals Update:
• Troy Bowers will look into the feasibility of rezoning the properties at Sunset and Cornwall from general commercial to neighborhood commercial.
• Troy Bowers and John Sramek will work with the City and Transportation Advisory Board to determine how to best manage overall Sunset/Cornwall/Lancaster/Parker alignment.
2. Sunset Neighborhood Plan Implementation Priorities – Work Plan Update: The City Planning Department has graciously provided us detailed maps of our neighborhood from their GIS to assist us in implementing our plan.
• Increasing involvement by our neighbors – picnic - Doreen Vokes
• Retain Sunset School in our neighborhood – Troy Bowers
• Preserving natural resources – Rob Cozzi
• Preserving historic resources – John Sramek
• Assessing safety needs – Doug Vokes
• Enhancing the Sunset neighborhood identity – Tony Breault
With no further business before the SNA, the President adjourned the meeting at 8:52pm.
**Next meeting will be SNA Picnic/Concert, Sunday, June 28th at Sunset Park 1 – 4:00pm.**
Respectfully submitted by Doreen Vokes, Secretary of the SNA.
President, Troy Bowers 503-703-7303 email@example.com
Vice President, John Sramek 503-320-2077 firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary/Treasurer, Doreen Vokes 503-650-2072 email@example.com
For association info and meeting minutes, or for general city information, visit www.westlinnoregon.gov
***please note new web site address***