You are here
Sunset Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes
January 26, 2010
Location: West Linn City Hall, Council Chambers
CALL TO ORDER
Troy Bowers, President of the Sunset Neighborhood Association (SNA), called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
15 members and 1 guest present. The meeting attendance sign-in sheet is in our files and is available upon request.
Minutes of the previous meeting September 15, 2009 and October 29, 2009 were available and approved.
City of West Linn – NA Stipend Account 2009/10 Opening balance New Fiscal Year Budget (July ’09 – June ‘10) $1,500.00 07/01/09 carry over from ’08-’09 372.82 Closing balance - September 2009 $ 1,872.82 SNA – Discretionary Funds Opening balance (July’09 - June’10) $686.11 09/10/09 100 fliers September mtg @ .49 ea -49.00 09/15/09 Meeting Refreshments -15.26 10/29/09 Meeting Refreshments -12.00 01/26/10 Meeting Refreshments and batteries -12.00 Closing balance – January $ 597.85
ANNOUNCEMENTS GUEST PRESENTATIONS
1. Dennis Wright, City of West Linn Engineering Manager: His visit was a follow-up to the special SNA meeting October 29, 2009, when the Falls View parking issue was addressed. Dennis displayed a large map of the Hemlock/Falls View/Pine Street area. He proposed that the Hemlock and Falls View Street be converted to one-way in an effort to provide additional parking spaces. The homeowners along Falls View had requested the city to eliminate three parking spots in front of their homes. A no parking sign was put up by the city to accomplish this. The home owners would like to be able to park in front of their own homes if needed, whereas the residents of the apartment complex also think that they can use these three parking places as well. Another important issue in this area is safety: can fire trucks have access, garbage trucks, street sweepers, and moving vans? It was also noted that the designated parking lots for the two apartment complexes were not being fully utilized by the tenants because of inconvenience. Pine Street, because of its width and slope, is not able to handle additional parking. Action items: City - will measure the width of Falls View to see if diagonal parking on both sides could be accommodated if a one-way street. Neighbors – will do an additional survey of the parking space utilization during the day as well as the night.
1. Dumpster/Clean up Day: September 26, 2009 was a success: two dumpsters were filled.
2. Sunset School Status Update: The West Linn/Wilsonville School District will meet on Monday, February 1, 2010 to discuses the Task Force recommendation to rebuild Sunset School on the existing Oxford Street location. Rebuilding the school at this location would require using a portion of the adjacent Sunset Park. Actions involving the use of city parks require a city vote, most likely for the May ballot.
3. Sunset Neighborhood Plan Implementation Priorities – Work Plan Update: The SNA plan committee met with Chris Kerr, Senior Planner, on December 4, 2009. We had a good meeting and have begun the process laying out strategies for implementing the various aspects of the plan.
1. Sunset Neighborhood Picnic: We agreed to host another picnic this coming June 27th. Details forthcoming at the next meeting.
With no further business before the SNA, the President adjourned the meeting at 9:10pm. **Next meeting will be in March TBA @ 7pm.** Respectfully submitted by Doug Vokes, acting Secretary of the SNA.
President, Troy Bowers 503-703-7303 firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President, John Sramek 503-320-2077 email@example.com
Secretary/Treasurer, Doreen Vokes 503-650-2072 firstname.lastname@example.org
For association info and meeting minutes, or for general city information, visit www.westlinnoregon.gov ***please note new website address***