You are here


How do I register to vote?

Voter registration is conducted through Clackamas County and you must file with the Clackamas County Elections Division, 1710 Red Soils Court #100, Oregon City, OR 97045.

A form must be received by the Elections Division no later than 5 p.m. 21 days prior to the date of the election.

You may register to vote in Oregon if:

  • You are a resident of Oregon.
  • You are a citizen of the United States of America.
  • Your are at least 17 years of age.

Note: If you are 17 years of age, you will not receive a ballot until an election occurs on or after you 18th birthday.

Voter registration forms are available at City Halls, Post offices, Public Libraries, Schools and the Clackamas County Elections office. Also you may register on line or download a form at the Clackamas County Voter Registration & Information web site.

What are the requirements to run for Council?

The Council is elected from the City at large for four-year terms. Per the West Linn City Charter candidates must be registered voters, and shall have resided in West Linn twelve months prior to the election and continue to reside in the City during the entire term of office.